- Ships to you in a plastic flip.
- Contains 1 troy oz of actual gold weight.
- Face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Features Augustus Saint-Gaudens iconic Lady Liberty image.
- Obverse has a design feature unique to these coins.
- Typically arrives in Brilliant Uncirculated condition or occasionally proof condition.
The 1 oz American Gold Eagle is the largest gold coin produced by the US Mint, and carries a face value in the United States of $50 USD. The coin is 22 karat gold, meaning it is composed of 91.67% gold. The remaining amount of the coin is composed of copper (5.33%) and silver (3%). Although the coin is 22 karat gold, it still contains 1 troy oz of pure gold content. This is due to the fact that the coin itself weighs 1.0909 troy ounces total, resulting in 1 troy ounce of pure gold.